The Amazon Product feed types are complex but allowing the customization of any existing product category attribute. It is advisable to initially establish the Amazon product feed connection for only a few products. This will enable you to upload the product feed via API to Amazon, check and rectify any errors, and subsequently re-upload the feed again to correct them. Once the connection is fully configured and adjusted, you can then export your entire catalogue.
- Initial Considerations
- Set up your product feed
- Amazon category list
- Adjust attribute mapping settings
- Map your store categories to Amazon categories
- Filter adjustment
- Connect to Amazon using API
The Product Category feed type will allow you to create products not yet existing in the Amazon country market database. However, your items will probably already exist on Amazon and there's no need to create them again. Please, submit the Inventory Loader feed type first -> Inventory Loader - Add Offers via API.
We highly recommend disabling the automatic submission of the feed and adding a filter to submit only a few sample products. This will allow you to quickly load the items, spot errors, adjust any attribute value and re-upload the feed with a different group of products. In case a newly created item needs to be deleted, it can only be re-added after 24h from its removal.
Set up your product feed
Add the Amazon product feed to your profile grid. You can choose from several types of product feeds based on the product category. You may need to use more than one product feed category.
Amazon category list
You can check the Amazon category list in your Amazon account.
You can use a search tool and look for your product's most appropriate Amazon category or you can check Product Classifier.
Adjust attribute mapping settings
Please, check if all Amazon attributes below are correctly mapped to your store attributes.
- Product ID - EAN or UPC number is a mandatory attribute for each product
- Product-id-type - Please select one of the following:1 = ASIN,2 = ISBN,3 = UPC,4 = EAN (set as default)
- Price - Define your item price at Amazon.
- Relationship Type - Describes the relationship between products that are related. Use this field to create a SizeColor variation. Select one of the following options: Accessory Variation
- Colour - The original color name of the product.
- Size - The original size name of the product. Please use the local size for the Marketplace you are selling on. Please see the Size worksheet for size conversions.
Map your store categories to Amazon categories
To include your products into the right Amazon categories you will need to map your store categories with Amazon official categories.
- The Category Mapping manual
You can apply attribute or category filters to export just required products
Connect to Amazon using API
Please check the article below to get Amazon API connection details.
- How do I connect to Amazon marketplace? - already connected if the Add inventory feed is configured
Now, you can submit your product feed to Amazon. Please, try to check the submission report to identify possible errors and adjust the attribute values before the next submission.
If you have any questions or need any assistance please contact us at email@example.com.