The Product Category feed types allow merchants to create their own products. These feed types are more complex but give absolute control of any attributes per category. We recommend setting up the Amazon product feed connection just for a few products. Upload the product feed via API to Amazon, check and fix the errors and re-upload the feed again. When the connection is fully set and adjusted, you can export the full catalog.
- Set up your product feed
- Amazon category list
- Adjust attribute mapping settings
- Map your store categories to Amazon categories
- Filter adjustment
- Connect to Amazon using API
Set up your product feed
Add the Amazon product feed to your profile grid. You can choose from several types of product feeds based on the product category. You may need to use more than one.
Amazon category list
You can check the Amazon category list in your Amazon account.
You can use a search tool and look for your product's most appropriate Amazon category or you can check Product Classifier.
Adjust attribute mapping settings
You can check if all attributes below are mapped to store attributes properly.
- Product ID - EAN or UPC number is a mandatory attribute for each product
- Product-id-type - Please select one of the following:1 = ASIN,2 = ISBN,3 = UPC,4 = EAN (set as default)
- Relationship Type - Describes the relationship between products that are related. Use this field to create a SizeColor variation. Select one of the following options: Accessory Variation
- Colour - The original color name of the product.
- Size - The original size name of the product. Please use the local size for the Marketplace you are selling on. Please see the Size worksheet for size conversions.
Map your store categories to Amazon categories
To get proper Amazon categories for your products you need to map your store categories to Amazon categories.
- The Category Mapping manual
You need to adjust the attribute filter to export also Out of stock products:
- Export Out of Stock Products to "Yes"
You can apply attribute or category filters to export just required products
Connect to Amazon using API
Enter the Seller ID and MWS Auth Token and select the required Amazon in your product feed API settings.
Submit your feed to Amazon and check the possible errors
If you have any questions or need any assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.